Monday, February 11, 2008

That Fool Kanye

The Evolution Theory: Edwin Birdsong's "Cola Bottle Baby" > Daft Punk's "Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger" > Kanye West's "Stronger"

Getting clowned on left and right by celebrities such as Usher and Vince Gill, Kanye took it like a champ at the 2008 Grammy Awards.  What doesn't kill him makes him stronger, right? Speaking of stronger, the pop icon performed the ever-so ironic popular song live at the awards show, which I learned a couple of things from: 1) I found out that Daft Punk uses something like a Lemur controller for their live performances, and 2) I found out Kanye CAN actually see through those window blinds-styled glasses.

Congrats on your "Best Rap Album" and your "Solo Performance" award, Kanye.  You're still a douchebag.




Oh, Snap!  Was someone putting up the pyramid sign during his performance sixteen seconds into that vid?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw the pyramid sign and it made me happy :)

Anonymous said...

Kanye cover

I can't remember what blog i saw this in, but someone pointed out that Kanye is a way better songwriter/producer than a rapper. That cover of "Flashing Lights" is cooler than Kanye's version, IMO.

+ apparently Kanye went to art school, and he kept bothering Murakami at his studio when he was doing the Graduation album art. I went to see Murakami speak last week. That was fun.