Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Do You Feel "Alive"


Motivational poster by Ishkur



So the Alive 2007 tour is now long over with Daft Punk's last US appearance being at Vegoose back at the tail end of October. Not to say that the robotic duo is dead and gone, though; the Alive cd was dropped early last month, and anyone lucky enough to get a copy can get an earful of this amazing live mix. Though the mix stands well on its own, I'm sure that those who've seen the "great pyramid" in person would get an especially hard nostalgic rush.




I've been aware of DP for awhile now, ever since I caught my older brother listening to "Around the World" in grade school. Who would've thought that they would become the fathers of electro house and a source of inspiration for great artists such as Justice (as well as the rest of the Ed Banger crew).

Sometime last year I made a short megamix of Daft Punk remixes as a birthday gift for my friend, Jorge.


Has anyone copped this box set of Alive? Those Daft Punk Be@rbricks are sic!

No comments: