Thursday, January 10, 2008

Hudson Mohawke


You bet your sweet Pomeranian ass

A friend had told me about Hudson Mo after getting an earful from his sample cd (which apparently came free with some new threads at Urban Outfitters).  I have to say, I'm sold on this new beat.

This genre-defying sound gives off what I can only begin to classify as a new breed of downtempo/trip-hop.  It's chaotic time signatures, both in the samples and beats keep the track real fresh.  I suppose where Aaron Funk's sound might be considered a hard roll, Hud Mo would be the nice buzz.


The real Hudson Mohawke.  Judging by the setup, ya think the beats are done live?

I guess the best way to tap his sound is to listen to his tracks...



Be sure to check out his collaboration with Mike Slott called "Heralds of Change".  Cop the 12" for your decks.

No comments: