Monday, January 21, 2008

Official Coachella 2008 Poster

No Deltron 3030 :(

Here is the OFFICIAL poster for Coachella 2008, and you might know from former years, it is subject to change with additions that can happen days before the festival begins. The biggest surprise is the addition of Roger Waters as Sunday's headliner, performing the whole Dark Side of the Moon album. Although Radiohead (or Led Zeppelin) didn't make the cut, I'm very satisfied with Portishead, the Verve, Justice, Death Cab for Cutie, and Kraftwerk as the bigger names on the list. What I got most excited about was seeing The Swell Season being part of Coachella. After seeing the "band's" performance on the film Once, I fell in love with their songs. Watch the film and you will be an instant fan if you're into soft acoustic guitar/piano music led by powerful vocals.

To help familiarize you with the smaller names you might not know, I'll research a couple bands (perhaps by your request in the comments?) and post some songs by them as the countdown to Coachella 2008 commences.

1 comment:

Shimmy said...

I think I'd be feeling good if I went on just Saturday and Sunday. Flogging Molly, Boys Noize (spelled wrong on the flyer btw), Teenagers, Uffie, on Saturday and Justice, Simian, Murs, and Black Kids on Sunday. You're set!